- Determine why consumers are motivated to buy insurance online as opposed to buying in person or over the phone.
- Conduct research on Breezy’s competitors.
- Learn what is most important to consumers when it comes to buying insurance.
- Determine any pain points that consumers might have when buying insurance.
- Understand how searching for insurance policies fits into the user’s daily life.
- Understand the process of buying insurance.
I began my research by trying to understand my objective. I conducted some general research on the insurance industry as a whole. Selecting insurance is a complex process which is why it is stressful for most Americans. Consumers usually struggle with insurance terminology and understanding what they are buying.
Next, I dove into exploring Breezy’s competition by conducting a competitive analysis. This helped me understand other insurance companies and how they display and market their insurance policies. I also created some provisional personas based on the information I gathered.